Archbishop to Dedicate Monsignor Dudziak Center in Owings
October 25, 2007
Washington Archbishop Donald W. Wuerl will celebrate Mass and dedicate a major expansion of the parish center at Jesus the Good Shepherd Catholic Church on Sunday, October 28. He will be joined by Reverend Michael King, the pastor; Monsignor Paul Dudziak, the founding pastor of the parish; and hundreds of parishioners:
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Mass: 10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
Blessing and Dedication: Approx. 12:30 p.m.-12:45 p.m.
Jesus the Good Shepherd Catholic Church
1601 West Mount Harmony Road, Owings, MD
The 9,000 square foot addition, to be named the Msgr. Paul M. Dudziak Center, includes a library that will serve Cardinal Hickey Academy parish school; a computer center with separate computer stations for both school and parish use; a theater space; and a parish lounge, kitchen and art room.
Following Mass, the parish community will gather outside the parish center for the ribbon cutting and dedication. A reception will follow.
Jesus the Good Shepherd parish, established in 1985 with 480 members and fewer than 200 families, now serves more than 1,500 families. Msgr. Dudziak served there for more than 20 years before becoming pastor of St. Rose of Lima parish in Gaithersburg, MD in 2005.
Office of Communications
to Index of News Releases
The Office of Communications is the Archdiocese of Washington’s point of contact for media, and can provide information as well as arrange interviews.